What is your favorite game engine?

• If I am missing any please tell me. Please tell me why it is your favorite engine.

• Where epic more.

• Unity is a brilliant engine and i’d highly recommend that all indie devs used it. Its not got a steep learning curve, programming in unity is the most straight forward of any engine i’ve ever used and through very little work you can achieve great results. The main issue I see people having is the graphical capacity of the engine which TBH is no longer an issue. With the release of unity 5 the graphical capacity is about to shoot upwards and even in 4 I know people who still manage to achieve great results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaZtmqbR7_k&list=UUclHZRG4BLVMeGSCbI46coQ

vyZdG4i.jpg

• I’d like to see Source Engine on the list.  It has a reputation for being well-optimized and is also well-known for its large library of available mods.

• Added along with Frostbite.

• Source Engine has no love here.

• Someone asked for it buddy.

• Don’t know if I should bump this or not, but I’m going to. You’re missing my favorite, the Blam Gen 3 engine. It was used for Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST and is incredibly fun to mess around with.

Never heard of that Game Engine like but I really enjoy the way they created the Halo games and how unique they make them. It must be a good engine though.

• Don’t know if I should bump this or not, but I’m going to. You’re missing my favorite, the Blam Gen 3 engine. It was used for Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST and is incredibly fun to mess around with.

Thanks for telling me it has been added.

• real virtuality (poseidon) engine with the ability to do large scale battle.

Views