Destructible environments?

• First of all, since this is my first post on the SW: Battlecry-forums, hi to all of you [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]
    Now, to my question: will this game have some sort of destructible objects? ( i.e. walls that can be torn apart) I’m sure that these things may be difficult to implement (and just to make things clear, I’m not talking here about destruction on a Battlefield-scale), but that’s just one of the things that bothered me most about the original Battlefront-games. I mean, you’re shooting with laser rifles and many other terrific weapons, and still, there were no signs of destruction (which, of course, was also due to the technical limitations). I know that DICE’s Battlefront is going to have that stuff for sure since it’s built on the Frostbite Engine, but still, I’m curious to hear your thoughts about it.

• Developer

Hello and welcome to the forums! At this time we do not have distructable enviroments on our list of things to do becasue of the amount of work it would take to implement something on this scale. We might be able to do some smaller things but right now we are just focusing on getting the Bespin map and some basic gameplay out of the way, but it would be a really cool feature that we could look into in the future!

• Sounds great! Thanks for the reply, and good luck with the development [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

• Hello Everybody, this is my first comment also!

I figure that the destructable objects and terrain should be added, but not on a Battlefield 4 scale. Things like levelution get too repetitive  after a while!

Just my opinion, as everyone is entitled to thiers [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

#420BlazeIt

• I think that it would be cool to see destructible objects but ass you can see in the films and cartoons laser rifles generally do nothing to walls

• But they do a lot of smoke (at least in the OT). And a thermal detonator could make a nice “little” hole.

But I agree that completely destructable enviroment could do more harm than good. For example:

- harder to plan maps and gameplay;

• every map becoming a pile of ruins and scrap metal after a few minutes of play when there are many combatants;
    • people need better PCs;

- also a lot heavier load on the server and the network (so that it could synchronize everything);

• less players and bots (since the destruction could take a lot of processing power and network bandwich).

So, if there is any destruction, then only like the older games: only some special objects, such as flammable barrels/crates, door controls, consoles, vehicles, some buildings/defenses, windows, etc.

But not the ground, every building, tree, whatever and in a completely free way. It might sound cool, but I suspect that it’ll be a lot of work for too little payof and if the servers can’t handle it…

Personally, I prefer support for larger number of players/bots and larger battles, than completely destructable enviroment. It’s just not worth it.

• I want destractable doors . And in space battle will be cool to see crashing of big ship whith interior and exterior smashing.

Views