May the 4th be with you!

• Developer

Hello Star Wars: Battlecry fans and Happy Star Wars day!

It’s been exactly one year from our announcement that we are moving to the epic Unreal Engine 4. A lot has changed since you first started witnessing our progress and watching everything slowly take shape.

Because it’s May the 4th as you already know, we think that this is a great moment to celebrate and reward your great support over the years with something special. We’ve put a lot of work on this and hopefully you will like it.

It’s time for our first gameplay video showing what we’ve been up to in Unreal Engine 4. Keep in mind that this is in a heavy WIP stage and a lot of things are missing. Everything you see is subject to change. So take this more as a proof-of-concept, the rest will be filled, polished and tweaked as we continue to make progress.

Now a few screenshots taken during our gameplay and the video itself.

Enjoy and may the Tr4iler be with you.

• Advisers

amazing. Nothing else to say.

I am that weirdo you don’t like hanging around forums.

• Awesome progress guys! This looks fantastic. (But stormtroopers still can’t aim? :P)

• Advisers

I was wondering if you could tell us why you chose to put the HUD on the left side, it looks very nice and useable.

• Developer

@Insurgent It’s based on how the whole HUD design looks in general and we figured the best place for that part is to be there.

That’s looking really good, its always nice to see some progress, especially with a teaser for gameplay. Looking forward to the progress that the team makes in the future.

• @Insurgent Unusable? It has ammunition and a stamina bar.

• Advisers

@Takahashi no un it says useable.

• Advisers

@Sharky thanks, I can’t wait to see the rest. I have no suggestions, it looks great and isn’t a cluttered mess like some out there.

• @Insurgent Oh sorry, misread your comment. Also why are you bothered about it being on the left side? I mean aren’t most games like that?

• Advisers

@Takahashi I was asking if there was a reason why, I wasn’t saying it is bad, it’s just personal preference. It really doesn’t make a difference.

• Wow, its looking pretty slick so far. It seems as though the project is heading in the right direction and I love the fact it seems to really capture the essence of battlefront somehow. Can’t wait to see it with things like first person animations and camera bob in, small things like that’ll make the game just seem so much more finished.

• @HaMM4R Right on dude, I agree with you. The walking animations in this teaser look a bit funny, however it a work in progress so I expect the finished product to be more smooth.

• Advisers

@Takahashi I have noticed that no one has commented on how much smoother the rebel trooper is then the stormtrooper. I would need to see more of him to be shure but I think he’s about, 80-90% complete.

• @Insurgent Well to be honest, that may have been an FPS lag spike at the moment. If I’m wrong then could you be a little more specific?

#420BlazeIt

• Advisers

@AlphaTron start from the beginning the third person view of the rebel trooper he looks very fluid.

• Looks sweet!

• This looks amazing! I’ve been disappointed by the direction DICE is going, so I have high hopes for this. Great job!

• @Wycliffe wow. Just wow. DICE is doing an amazing job with sw battlefront. The graphics and gameplay look AMAZING

• @ZachTM Graphics arent everything, and gameplay was scripted to look cool. Im also disappointed so yeah.

• @ZachTM I’m sure Battlefront will be a fun game for fans of Battlefield, just not fans of Battlefront. I’ve never enjoyed DICE’s other games that much and they’re just making more of the same. That’s fine, just not what I’m looking for, no matter how good the graphics are.

Views